13 February 2008

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

If you have spoken with me in the last few days you are most likely aware of my newest rant (and if you are not aware, how come you don't listen when I'm talking to you?!?!). I've been doing my taxes and there is a new section for California Use Tax. This lame, smelly law states that if I buy something from an out of state retailer (like Amazon, my favorite cyberhome away from home), and said retailer does not charge me sales tax (again, like my beautiful, wonderful Amazon), then I am obliged to pay a tax for USING the purchased items in smelly, stinky California. Of all of the crooked, stinky laws!
So now I stand at a moral crossroads. Reporting out of state purchases is on the honor system. So do I:

a. Support a ridiculous law and report my purchases
b. Silently protest these outrageous tax laws by remaining silent about my purchases
c. Relocate to New Zealand and start a mini-horse farm

Please vote for one of the above. Whoever guesses correctly what I did (I just now, in this last minute, sent in my taxes) can pay my $200 use tax. Sigh.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'd personally choose option C. I've never been to New Zealand.

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I had 3 mission comps from New Zealand. I would be forced to call you a "Kiwi" as the locals do. AND you would be able to supply me with and endless amount of Minties and Tim Tams...I vote for C. As long as I can still talk to you everyday and see you every couple of months. Can't live without my big sis.