19 March 2008

Up, Up and Away!

So it's official! We're moving to Seattle! After several suspense-filled (for me!) interviews with Amazon (my cyberhome away from home), Mathias got offered a job! We love it here in the Bay Area soooooo much, but after a lot of thought, discussions, and prayer we felt like this is the best step for our family. We are sad to go and also excited for our adventures in the Pacific Northwest!
Last weekend we went up to Seattle to visit friends and scope out the city. We had a great time. First, on the way to the Space Needle, Mathias drove over a bump whilst I was munching on a Ritz cracker. Now I have a gaping wound in my tongue (seriously-- complete with profuse bleeding). Then, after dinner at J's (who is scary similar to her sister Z, with the extra bonus of being a Wiiiiiiiiii fan!), Lucy couldn't get the car door open and finally pulled so hard it knocked her in the face. Mathias, as usual, came away from the weekend sans injury.
Meanwhile, we really did have a dandy time. And, for all of you stinkers and your predictions of constant rain, the sun came out several times! For more than just a few minutes, too! And we took pictures to prove it:

As you can clearly see that is the Space Needle and beautiful blue sky in the background! And, following up on a previous post about my friends who don't believe in bike helmets, I came across this science exhibit at the Pacific Science Center:

If you can't read the text, here it is: Look at the difference between the thickness of your skull and the thickness of the helmet. Which is thicker, the helmet or the skull?
Now to my dear dear friends who don't wear helmets and are nervously reading this post knowing exactly who they are: I know that you think your skulls are thick enough, but no matter what kind of blockhead you are, you still need a helmet!
And that's all, folks!

11 comments:

Eva's Mom said...

Email me. K & I have some great friends in that neck of the woods...He's a Wiiii/Game Cube/etc....fiend who designs cool toys and she an avid reader who offers honest opinions.

brooke said...

I can't believe you are really leaving. But what a great new step for you guys! We will come visit. Did you find a place? We need to talk, I want the scoop. Love, B

Mindy and Tyler said...

I love the pic of you and Lucy in front of the space needle. I'm so sad that you're leaving!

Natalee Maynes said...

Bike helmet warning #30 heeded. So these pictures made me simultaneously excited for you and totally bummed at the reality of the situation. I think it's going to be awesome for you guys, but sad for the rest of us.

The Mostess said...

Wah..I can't believe I just found you again..and now you're leaving me. Wah! I haven't laughed that hard in years, I swear. JSYK--I have professional contacts who see my blog, so please refrain from the usual name-calling and scandalous banter. This is best done in private emails. Perhaps I will see you and your lovely sometime soon at Target? :)

angie said...

i am hoping for pictures of you in tears, missing us all so badly...or at least pictures of the grand new adventure!

Anonymous said...

Hey blockhead! I am now a blogger and I don't have any clue how to work it. And dad the compter nerd won't help me with it. So I have to ask your sister how to do things. Lame! Anyway how is your rainy city, you probley don't even have your computer hooked up yet but when you do you should hit me up (not literally jen) love your guts and your cute family

Melissa said...

Oh Jen! Why did you have to leave? I sure hope that you're having a grand old time in Seattle. Have you had any luck finding a place?

I hope everything is going well, and getting back to some state of normal. I miss you!!!

Ana said...

Came back from Texas and you are gone. It's not the same without you, Jen. :( How are you guys liking your new digs?

Erin said...

WOO-HOOO!!!!! I'll be joining you guys in late summer! I can hardly wait! We have to be besties and wear matching outfits and be absolutely MARVELOUS!
YEAH!

Debby said...

....your moving!!!!! WOW!!! What a fun place. Can I come visit? I LOVE Seattle. So jealous - I'm soaking up the Utah winter right now. Hmmm.