03 April 2008

Issaquah

On Saturday we arrived in Issaquah, our residence of the next several weeks. We were greeted by, of course, rain, and then all of a sudden it was snowing! This evoked a highly acidic gastro-esophageal reaction on my part, which then in turn led me to ask every person I encountered whether snow at the end of March is commonplace. Not so. It would seem that Washington rolled out the "white" carpet just for us! Mathias was unnaturally excited about the snow and announced in church on Sunday that we "looooooooove the weather here." I would have refuted this blatant disregard for the truth, but my jaws were clenched in a sort of chattering frozen vise.
Blizzards aside, this place if gorgeous! We really love Issaquah and so far have not gotten lost, contrary to what some of you lurkers have predicted in my near future (Johanna). I am currently fighting the battle of no GPS, but when Mathias sees a new gizmo in his future, there's no stopping him! I foresee losing that battle. . . .
Naturally I didn't pack the cable for the camera (but I did pack my Tivo!) so I can't show you all the beautiful pictures I've taken, but I promise I'll do that soon. Bis dann!

8 comments:

Carrie Hellewell said...

Glad to see that you're getting settled and that you did unpack the most important item...the Tivo. I've said this all just seconds ago to you on the phone but being the first commenter can't hurt.
PS. Tell Mathias I miss him greatly, even if I frighten him and tell Lucy that Roxie is still in mourning.

Gina said...

I'm so glad you're liking your temporary new home! I'm sure by mid-August your jaw will unclench.

Lys said...

Just thought I'd let you know the weather here...75 and sunny.

angie said...

snow?! well, my kids would be jealous - i haven't heard the end from them about our snowless winters

Natalee Maynes said...

Brrr! It's good to know Mathias hasn't lost his sense of humor. How are you!?!? Are you settling in well. I'm not a fan of moving or any kind of change, so I really admire your good attitude. We totally miss you here in da' hood!

denebug said...

The PacNW is the land of milk and honey. I my husband has his way, we'll end up there one day too.

Mindy and Tyler said...

I'm glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Deep down I'm glad to hear the weather is dreadful - maybe you'll change your mind and MOVE BACK! We miss you already.

Unknown said...

So fun! Mom said you found a house?? Call me soon. I tried yesterday and your line was busy. What was all this "when we get to Washington we are getting cell phones?"