08 July 2008

Uninspired

Lately I've been watching a show called Kitchen Nightmares. The premise is this: Gordon Ramsey goes to a restaurant that is on the brink of failure and has one week to turn it around. Typically the owner of the restaurant is coo coo for Cocoa Puffs and has to be brought to reality.
Then there are the chefs. Within minutes of observing a chef, Gordon can pinpoint the problem, which usually boils down to the chef's loss of inspiration and passion.
After watching a number of episodes, I realized that I am like these chefs: I have lost my passion for food.
And now that I am aware of this, I realize that I miss it.
Where did my inspiration go? How do I regain it?

Ps. If one of you dear readers happens to know Gordon Ramsey, feel free to send him my way with some advice!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I wish I knew Chef Ramsey. I do enjoy watching Kitchen Nightmares (on Hulu.com), my favorite part is when Chef Ramsey gives the crazies a good one-two (comprising mostly of a bunch of bleeps).

Unknown said...

Go on vacation to Europe (without spending too much time in Germany.) Go to Italy and France. Leave Lucy with us and go reclaim your love of food!

And then, if you want to watch our kids while we go on vacation....

You see what I'm getting at.

Love you!

The Mostess said...

I would send Chef Ramsey your way, but you would make him cry.

I agree that Europe is the way to rgain your love for food. Or get a new cookbook. I feel the same way...so I subscribed to Bon Appetit. Eating out at a really nice place is also key.

Lys said...

COme back and we'll open a cute little cafe...