13 March 2009

Doctors and Dentists and Hippos: Oh My!

So February was a surprisingly long, busy month, which mostly involved doctor and dentist appointments. Since my ailments are not picture-worthy (translation: disgusting pink eye), I am only posting a few photos of my brave Lucy!
First we had the dentist appointments. Lucy got to wear awesome sunglasses.


It was at said dentist that we discovered Lucy's loose teeth!


Next we had the 5-year checkup. Lucy had her vision and hearing tested first. The first round of the hearing test Lucy was feeling shy, so she didn't raise her hand at all. After I recovered from my heart attack and anguish over the amount of times I asked my poor hearing-impaired Lucy if she actually "hears me when I talk to her, or just chooses to ignore me," we redid the test and she raised her hand when she heard the beeps. Whew!


Finally we had the exam and Lucy got to wear a very neat little dress and sit on the hippo table.



Then we waited ages and ages for the nurse to come in and give Lucy her five (!!!!!) immunizations! Lucy was very brave (I am not so brave and therefore did not look) and was awarded a medal in the form of: treats, Lunchables, and snuggles from mom.

So that's February. Maybe I'll get to March next month!

5 comments:

Gina said...

Lucy is SO CUTE.

ludwigaslinen said...

Lucylein - you're still my sweet heart!! How brave you are!!! Thanks for the darling pictures, Jen. They warm my omiheart!!!!

The Mostess said...

You're back. Yay!

Love the hippo table. I need one for my kitchen.

Love L's tights!

soyrosalia said...

Where was the dr with the hippo table? My daughter was seen there and needs the name of the dr and clinic if you would be so kind.
Send the info to soyrosalia@yahoo.com or americansurvivor1983@yahoo.com
Thanks so much for your help! :-)

soyrosalia said...

Where is that dr with the hippo table? My daughter was there and needs the name of the place and the dr's name, please.
Much appreciated, please send reply to soyrosalia@yahoo.com or americansurvivor1983@yahoo.com